Hertfordshire Equality Council (HEC) is an independent organisation that provides support, guidance to individual and scrutiny to public sector organisations, community organisations and the voluntary sector on equality and diversity. The membership policy will support the ambition to develop sustained and focussed networks to further the vision, mission and objectives of HEC. Principally:
- Create opportunities for involvement and interaction between communities in Hertfordshire…
- Create opportunities for networking, sharing and learning and building relationships.
- Encourage and support collaboration between equalities groups.
- Develop channels to ensure people and groups with protected characteristics can make their voices heard.
- Increase awareness and knowledge of equalities through debate and further the equality agenda in Hertfordshire.
- Respond with policies which take in to account the views of the diverse communities of Hertfordshire.
- To provide a forum to voice community concerns to decision makers.
- Provide policy responses, reports, an annual conference and topic-based meetings.